Friday, March 3, 2017

Bus Ride

A ride on the bus through the city
Revealed to me more than there was to see,
Not just the torrent of wet snow on the panes,
Nor the mud on my boots mucking up the lanes.

I saw a teenage girl with a guitar on her back,
Roomy clothes, cap turned back, a fashion slack.
I saw the guitar peeking through an unzipped bag
That got me worried like I've seen a red flag.

What if the guitar will fall through and crash?
Maybe I should zip it up as this girl had been in a rush.
But before I could, I glance up to see
A woman coming in shaking off all that flurry.

With damp hair sticking to her crown,
All that snow, as wet as rain, has pulled it down.
All the past efforts to coif and polish and style
Now all gone with the weather turning juvenile.

I consider--- some may be ready, some are not
Life still goes on whatever may be your plot.
Believe the Driver will get you There
'Cause if not, you might as well be going nowhere.

A young girl of ten, her jacket in rainbow hue
And the bounce on each step drew a few
Glances and smiles from every side---
Don't take it too hard, life's a bus ride.

Copyright © 2017 zernahfaith


  • I wrote this while riding on the bus on my way to an evening class yesterday. Must have been the weather setting up the mood--- wet, slushy snow going straight to my face, and those who missed, lie churlishly on the ground. People, though, weren't minding it too much. For me, it was quite enjoyable. Then, there was all that people on the bus. And I love watching people. :)
  • This is for all the women--- whatever type of woman you are, because a woman can be many types or all types if she wants--- who bring smiles, and beauty (and wit and life, because we do bring lots of stuff) on a bus ride. Happy Women's Day (for March 8th)!
  • Finally, here's what this "ride" is really all about. 
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 
My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, 
would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 
And if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 
You know the way to the place where I am going.”
(John 14:1~4)





You may also like to read...















No comments:

Post a Comment

Who is the Best Kid?

Finally, it's September 1st, the Day of Knowledge (as it is called here in Russia)! School starts officially today. But it falls on a ...