Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Falling Snow: A Poem about Coming Back to Life

My family and I live in Russia where there is no shortage of snow. Today, I am especially filled with delight as my world was filled with the wonder of it (and yes, as my work was cancelled for the afternoon).

You may have noticed my listless writing for the past months, though, try as I might to move past it. I was "out of synch" with life. I'm not going to apologize for it. As I live, so do I write. And as I write, so does my life come alive before my eyes. Yes, many times these are not comfortable feelings but they are emotional facts that needs some breathing space, just like a roomful of toxic smoke that needs to be aired.

Thankfully, slowly, I am once again seeing the broader canvas of my life, and not just the dark, gloomy alleys of it. Thank God, He is merciful! He is rich in goodness and love.

A few days ago, I got myself a cut on one of my hands. The sudden pain and seeing the blood bolted me into the reality that I am still alive. And that I should, MUST, be grateful for this life. As I clear away the shards that cut me, I am struck by the realization that so must I clear away the breakage in my life before I can go forward again. I have to distance myself from what is hurting me, before coming back into whole again.


Slowly the cut is healing. So am I. There is more to life than what we are experiencing right now. There is more that God has in store for us. Let Him speak,

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Allow me to share something beautiful in the healing process that God is doing. It's not much of an art, but it makes sense to me. I am looking for honesty, for integration of my emotions, plans and reality. I am alive.

Falling Snow

Like confetti outside my window,
As it falls, it calls
To laugh, to celebrate life,
To abandon sorrows.
Chains that weigh down,
Cares to cast away,
Why do I let them
When I am free to sway?

Swirling, dancing,
Softly falling.
They play peek-a-boo
As I enviously watch them.
Seemingly groundless they appear,
Yet never fail to delight,
To bring to life 
The dead in me.

If the only purpose I have before 
I shimmer away
Is to bring joy,
That as the wind blows,
In silent music I dance
To the tune Heaven plays,
So be it! For His glory with wonder
I twirl, in gyre-- 
With Grace.

Copyright © 2016 zernahfaith


You may also like to read...


ME
"Let There Be Light!"
On Winter, Fishing, and Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who is the Best Kid?

Finally, it's September 1st, the Day of Knowledge (as it is called here in Russia)! School starts officially today. But it falls on a ...