Thursday, July 20, 2017

That Gap Called Miss (Poetry)

THAT GAP CALLED MISS
zernahfaith.blogspot.com
I _____ you.

That gap called miss
is huge and widening
filled with SILENCE that shouts
a longing that stretches for miles
wringing out hearts to despair:
Why can't we see eye to eye?


Copyright © 2017 zernahfaith





HOME

If I can bottle memories of you, I would.
Of the first time I laid eyes on you
without care of risk, you smile in sleep,
your every sigh and grunt
the sweetest that could ever exist.

If I can put moments with you in a box
I'd proudly lug it around on my back
like home to a turtle, a heart to a soul,
the stories you told, the grit you showed
they put flesh on me.

But I only have my heart to hold
all the miracle/blessing that you are,
brought together, though apart,
no bottle or box can ever contain
a child's wonder, a mother's love.


Copyright © 2017 zernahfaith



*I just miss a lot of people these days. Squabbling through the internet is not the same as in person. :) Even writing letters was better, despite the high technology that we have. The letters were not just to get in touch but to do life. Somehow, this is also about people and relationships... and how messy and complicated it gets, even how hard you try. And so, this longing gets into words, one day, as I was pining.

And the Home poem? It's a dual voice of psrent-child (like a duet?😊 ) with the last verse done by both. Hope you enjoyed it.

You are loved!


For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, 
nor angels nor principalities nor powers, 
nor things present nor things to come, 
nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, 
shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Romans 8:38, 39)





You may also like to read...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who is the Best Kid?

Finally, it's September 1st, the Day of Knowledge (as it is called here in Russia)! School starts officially today. But it falls on a ...